Why Is Jaggery Beneficial
Sedentary lifestyle, sitting work, lockdown – all these have contributed an increase in various common ailments, diabetes being a major one of them. Buth then who does’nt have a sweet tooth!
How do we balance the craving for sweets and health?
The solution, being recommended by all dieticians and our age ols Ayurveda is Jaggery i.e. Gur!
Shun white processed sugar and use the natural and organic jiggery, whether in its solid or powder form. Make it a regular ingredient in your food habits and you will feel the difference yourself.
What are the benefits of including Jaggery in your diet?
• Jaggery is digested and absorbed gradually and therefore there is a sustained release of energy for a much longer period.
• Jaggery effectively cleans the respiratory tracts, lungs, food pipe, stomach and It pulls out dust and unwanted particles from the body. For decades gur and chana are given to workers in highly polluting industries like cement manufacturing.
• Jaggery activates the digestive enzymes and itself changes to acetic acid in the stomach. This speeds up digestion and also said to help in giving relief from constipation.
• Jaggery is very rich in minerals, predominantly iron with traces of other mineral salts. It consists of moderate amount of calcium, phosphorous and zinc and therefore helps to purify the blood, prevent rheumatic afflictions and treat bile disorder. It is also helpful to cure jaundice.
• Jaggery is prepared without the use of chemicals in its processing. It is rich in important minerals like salts, magnesium which strengthens our nervous system and helps to relax our muscles.
• It helps reduce the water retention in the body and eventually helps in controlling the body weight.
• It is a common antidote during the flu and fever season and helps in reducing the symptoms like cough and is said to improve immune system